Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DiRaffe in the Love Jungle

If chocolate is the food of love, then this dark chocolate orange gateau is the celebration of love. As I said before, chocolate and orange are perfect match made in Heaven. They complement and bring out the best out of each other. The sensation of chocolate melting in your mouth, combined with the freshness of orange deliver the X-factor that leaves you on the 7th Heaven. You can't get enough of this cake.

I just finished making some deco for my next cake. I have once again been commissioned to bake another DCOG. This DCOG is for two very special friends of mine who happen to be big fans of Jaffa (and my DCOG too ;) hehehe... ) I'm praying hard that this cake will turn out nice, taste-wise and aesthetic-wise. Fingers crossed!
.
.
Cake: check! Jaffa mousse: check! Figurines: Check!
They all look alright at this point. I can't wait to assemble the cake later tonight.
.
.
.
Cake board is too big! Can't fit to container. :( need to go get another one tomorrow.
Tasted the quality control portion of the DCOG. It is THE BEST so far! Very nice texture. Thick mousse. Dark Chocolate. Orange. Rum. Heavenly!!! ^^v
.
.
.
Tadaaaa!!


Dino + Giraffe = Diraffe!

I was VERY VERY VERY happy with how the figurines turned out! They are ULTRA CUTE! hahahhaa. I had to restrain myself from pinching and poking the cheeks of my babies! When i finished assembling the cake before, I felt like dancing around because of the Joy that blossoms in my heart. It is a very special cake indeed, and I poured my heart out making it. Thank God the figurines and the cake turned out well. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I decided to change the cake design very last minute yesterday. Personally, I think this is even better than what I had in my sketch book. WHee!! ^^v

I've received messages from my happy customers. Ivan said, "Terimakasih bebe, kek'nya lucu bgt, enak sekali. Terimakasih bebe!" Wow dude! You even wrote 'banget' as 'bgt'. not bad not bad. LOL :) It turned out that Jo was the one typing the sms. So all credit goes to Jo. X) Joanne said, "SOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEE!!! Ivan loves the dino.. he was so happy to see the spikes. and he said the leaves look so good. I'm happy of course. yummy, cute and meaningful..and handmade by you! Thank you Jo for ordering the cake. Of course the leaves look good. I'm now better equipped, thanks to your very precious gift ;). Thanks for trusting me to make your special cake. I get to try making figurines :) xoxo


Ms.Giraffe & Mr. Dino (a.k.a Jo&Ivan)

No comments:

Post a Comment