Friday, December 4, 2009

mini Soccer Ball

Remember the "baking to the heart's content" that I've been mentioning since I finished my final exams? Turned out I really have been baking to my heart's content ever since. I had a few very last minute orders, including this mini soccer ball that I'm currently working on.
Jax messaged me yesterday evening asking for a mini soccer ball for his business partner's son's birthday. phew.. that's long! haha.. I assume it's intended for a birthday gift for the birthday boy. But I have a feeling that Jax will eat half of it by himself. LOL.. You know why ? Because he specifically asked for the super yummy cookies and cream flavour!

Currently, the 1st half of the soccer ball is in the oven. I think it's a little bit too sweet. But then again, I'm not that much of a sweet tooth. hopefully it turns out well. :) Fingers crossed!



OK, the cake is finished by the way. It was a bit stressful at the beginning because the smaller templates that I prepared didn't fit as expected. It looked very messy and ugly. So Julie and I decided to just use the big ones that I've been using for my previous soccerball cakes. Oh in case, you're wondering why Julie was with me when I'm doing my cake, she was giving me some moral support.. :) How sweet!!

So yeah, last night/ early this morning I had fun working on a project accompanied by special friend and Michael Buble's singing at the background. Julie insisted on a little bee on the cake because she hasn't seen it in real life. So I made one specially for her and stick it to the ball. Haha. It makes the cake cuter and more colourful. Afterall, it's a birthday present for a 2 years old boy.

Oh and by the way, Jax didn't get to eat the cake at all during the party this afternoon. They said it's too pretty to cut out. LOL. But i just got an update from him, his friends (Harry's parents) said that the cake tastes as good as it looks. And all photos are courtesy of Julie, an aspiring photographer! :) Thank you dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment