Wednesday, December 9, 2009

There's So Much To Be Thankful For

Indeed, there's so much to be thankful for. This morning, I woke up with overflowing sense of thankfulness to my Almighty God because His steadfast Love never ceases, His mercies are new every morning. His faithfulness is never ending.

Last Friday, I had a deep and meaningful chat with Julie and CJ while making the mini soccer ball. One of the questions CJ asked was "What is your worst characteristic that God changed?" CJ shared his answer, Julie shared hers, then it was my turn to share mine. I told them, "I used to be very bad tempered. Easily angered, impatient and selfish." They were really surprised to hear me saying "bad tempered". Yes my friend, before knowing Christ, I was really bad tempered. My parents, old and new friendcan testify to that. I am a living testimony that the Lord, through His Holy Spirit, really changes lives. He soften shardened hearts and makes it pliable. When we allow Him to work in us, He continually molds our hearts in such a way to reflect His.

CJ's other question was "What would you be now if Jesus was not in your life". hahaha, I think from his questions, you can tell that he is a thinker. Well, personally, i think He is. He was a good debater, he is a good thinker, and he is an awesome writer. Seriously, i can see him as a writer later down the years. :) Aniway, back to my story, that question has made me pondered upon my life journey so far.

What would I be without Christ in my life? Firstly, I wouldn't be who I am today. As I mentioned above, the Lord changes me. He consumes me from the inside out, renewing and transforming my heart and mind into His likeness each and every moment. I think without Christ, I would've been a very evil person. Yes. E V I L !!

Secondly, bakingbee would never exist without Him and His divine intervention. He is the One who gives me this gift. He is the One who taught me the joy of serving. He is the One who gives me the servant heart. He is the One who opens doors and opportunities for me. Without Him, none of this would have happened.

I believe by now, you can already tell why I am very grateful. I am grateful for my Lord. For the fact that He has called me to be His children. There are other many things that I am grateful for. My loved ones, the opportunity to live and study in Melbourne, even the bad and difficult times. You know what? It is actually through trials and hard times that the Lord grows my character. He has taught me a lot of things. He taught me that with each and every trial, He always provides a way out. He has shown me, that when i chose to follow and obey Him, each trial brings about renewal, to the mind, to the heart and to the spirit. There are countless other things that I can't list here because it will take forever. Don't worry, i count my blessings in my heart! ;)

Referring back to bakingbee, I thank Him for making it exists in the first place and growing it. It is only by His grace that I am who I am today. It is only by His mercy that I am surrounded by the people I know today. People who have been very supportive of what I am doing, precious friends and family.

May the Lord be glorified through bakingbee. May the creations of my hand speak of His Love, Mercy and Grace. May bakingbee be a living testimony of the journey of a girl with her Saviour. For Bebe is a sinner, saved by the Grace of God.

Soli Deo Gloria!

2 comments:

  1. Wheeee! She bakes for the glory of God! Hehehe.. No wonder your cooking tastes so divine! The Lord must have sprinkled a touch of heaven in every cake =D. Thanks for the encouragement Bee =).

    I shall not whine for cupcakes anymore, for the fear that your bad temper may come back hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men (Colossians 3:23 KJV) :)

    ReplyDelete