Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Disastrous Experiment

I've been craving for the Indo-style cheese cake.
It's just vanilla sponge cake garnished with grated cheddar cheese. So I decided to give this recipe which i got from my mom's recipe book collections back home, a try. This recipe used TBM, which is "a stabiliser used in baking sponge cakes. It helps the eggs to rise rapidly and stiffly. As it is acidic it also helps the beaten eggs to remain stable and not lose the airy and voluminous texture. It makes sponge cake softer and smoother".

Well, since i never used this kind of substance for my cake (Yes, all my cakes are made of natural ingredients, no preservatives, no artificial flavouring), i didn't put that TBM thingy in. I have a prejudice against this substance because whenever i ate any cake that has this thing in, the cake has "soapy" taste. :( I tried adding more egg yolks and decrease the flour to make it flully to no avail!! >.<" On a side note, Blueband margarine is BAD BAD BAD for making cake! The cake turned out like a stone!!! ARGH.. total failure! It was very dense, hard, and not nice at all! What a waste of eggs!! :(


Just watch out! I'm not giving up yet! The pursuit of the perfect Indonesian Cheesecake still goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment