Saturday, October 10, 2009

Every Girl's Dream

Still remember Mr.Strong from my previous entry?
Right after tasting Mr.Strong and loving it, Madame Ho order this cake I'll be talking about.
So once again, thanks to darling Mrs. Citro who ordered Mr.Strong!! XOXO.

Madame wants a cake for her sister's birthday by 9th of Oct. So I asked her what sort of cake she would like to have, a cake with external beauty or one with inner beauty. Cakes with external beauty refer to the fondant cakes, which are very pleasing to the eyes. For me personally, taste wise, cakes with inner beauty are more satisfying to eat. That is because you can get more variety in flavours and textures. On the other hand, fondant cakes need a firm base to support the heavy fondant decorations. Then I told her that if she wants a very satisfying cake, then she should get the dark chocolate orange gateau. My quality controllers say that the DCOG was really a perfect match made in Heaven! Nothing beats that cake so far. As Madame was actually looking for a very chocolatey cake, the DCOG would make a perfect choice.

I was a bit unsure about the deco. I put a slice of orange in the previous DCOG, but this time, the ribbon was pink. So orange, won't do good to the overall colour of the cake. While I was assembling the cake, an inspiration perched on my mind. Why not do a fondant butterfly! PINK butterflies!

Premium Chocolate + Ribbon + Pink + Butterflies = Every Girl's Dream

The birthday girl was very happy. She messaged me on msn,
vanessa says:
BEBE!!!!!!
the CAKE is FANTASTIC! oh my goodness!
thank u soooooo much!! =D
my sis refused to let me see it till it came out
then i saw the cake
SO PRETTY!!!!! (cos i love that shade of pink)
then after blowing out the candles n all, i served the rest first
then their reaction all "WAH!!!!"
hahahaha
so i had my bite...
WAHHHHHHHH!
the base is so nicely textured, n the mousse!
fuyoH!!!!
I'm very happy to find out that they loved the cake, that they enjoyed eating it as much as I did making it.

Happy Birthday, Vanessa! Hope you've had a great time with your loved ones!
Thank you guys for allowing me to be a part of your special day.

In case you're wondering what's with the title, my dear Joanne said this after seeing the photo on Facebook, "Waaaahhh...chocolate, ribbons, pink, butterflies. Every girl's dream!"

No comments:

Post a Comment