Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What B has been up to lately...

studying hard!!!

B has been studying hard for her FINAL final exams. Yep, that's right! FINAL final exams! After 5 long years of sweat, blood, and tears (OK, I'm a bit exaggerating here, but you get the point.) I finally come to the end of my uni life. I actually still have one more paper to do next Tuesday, but at the mean time, I'm giving the sponge inside my head a rest.

Thinking about life after uni can be scary sometimes. You need to go out there and get a job, you need to be an adult who is fully responsible for your own life. To make matter even scarier, people have been telling me that it's a tough world out there. They tell me to enjoy my uni days as best as I can for before I know it, I will start to miss my uni days again.

Well, in a way, I did enjoy my 5 years of uni. Not all the time, because there were subjects that I just hated and dread, there were long-hours lab and mountains of scientific journals to read, essays, report and mini thesis to write. But hey, I survived! In all honesty, I am very thankful for these 5 long years. It is through these years that I found myself and my passion. I found friends worth keeping for eternity, I found love. I laugh and cry, rejoice and mourn.

So here I am, almost at the end of my uni days, ready to take myself to next phase in life. I'm scared of what lies ahead, of going back for good to Indonesia, and that shortly, I will not be able to physically be around my beloved friends. But one thing I know for sure, the Lord will not abandon me. And knowing that He holds my tomorrow somehow gives me assurance and peace to close my chapters in Melbourne.

PS. I have prepared a very special Christmas Project. Stay tuned! *giggles with excitement !! can't wait for it!*

4 comments:

  1. Yay! The Bee is starting to post reflections and testimonies ;). More, more! Cake posts will do as well hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx CJ! stay tuned! more to come.. :)I've prepared a special Christmas Project, but first, let me get my last exam out of the way. then baking time it is.. to my heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! can't wait for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rylan! I can't wait for it too. ;)
    Your cakes look awesome! will read your blog properly after exam finish this Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete